1 October 2021
Year Five have had an amazing week whilst taking part in Bikeability training with the team from Go Velo. They have been resilient, brave and encouraging towards each other whilst all learning from their different starting points. Mrs Whittaker was so pleased when she saw and heard members of the class cheer other less confident riders on. There has been a lot of learning and concentration involved whilst developing their skills profile this week. Here are the skills needed to obtain each award;
- Prepare myself for a journey
- Check the cycle is ready for a journey
- Set off, slow down and stop
- Identify and respond to hazards
- Start and stop on-road journeys
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Comply with signals, signs and road markings
- Communicate with other road users
- Negotiate junctions
We're really proud of you all for your hard work this week - now keep putting everything you have learned into good use out in the real world. Be safe!
All certificates, badges and extra goodies will be given out altogether in a little ceremony next week.