Meet the Team
Welcome to Year 5
This year we have 32 wonderful, hard-working, smart and responsible Year Five children taught by Mrs Dixon and assisted by Mrs Stansfield. We have got so many fun and exciting things planned for this year. On Move Up Day in the Summer Term, the children voted for their Bucket List of experiences and activities they wanted to enjoy over this academic year.
Year 5 Bucket List
The children of Year Five have decided that their ‘Bucket List’ of Year Five experiences during this year should include;
· Compete in a football match and raise funds for charity
· Take a walk on the wild side and have an ‘Animal Day’
· Team Design and Technology car building challenge
· Bake a cake using ingredients from the local community shop
· Beat our personal bests and reach for our goals
· Athens vs Sparta challenge day
We can’t wait to take part in all of these wonderful activities.
We also have a list of books that it is suggested we try and read this year, in class and at home.
Year 5 Book Bucket List
Beowulf – Michael Morpurgo
The House With Chicken Legs – Sophie Anderson
Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens
The Railway Children – E Nesbitt
The Nowhere Emporium – Ross MacKenzie
The Phantom Tollbooth – Norton Juster
Who Let the Gods Out – Maz Evans
Wolf Brother – Michelle Paver
The Invention of Hugo Cabret– Brian Selznick
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe – CS Lewis