Welcome to our Remote/Home Learning Page
During the current national lockdown school is only able to open to identified vulnerable pupils and children of critical workers (as identified by the Government). For pupils remaining at home we are legally required to provide access to remote learning resources. Children will access their learning through our preferred learning platform Tapestry (EYFS) and Seesaw (KS1+2). All pupils on roll have access to their learning platform. Our remote learning policy outlines how children will access their education remotely during this period.
The DfE have outlined that primary aged pupils, as a minimum, should have access to work that they would receive in school and should be expected to devote at least 3 hours per day in KS1 and 4 hours per day in KS2 to home learning. Where pupils are found not to be engaging with home learning we are required to work with parents to resolve any issues.
Should you experience any problems then please do not hesitate to contact the school office: 01282 865242 or the class teacher via their email.
Remote Learning Documents
Proposed Home Learning Timetables
Please use the links to each class page to discover activities your child can complete at home. These pages will be updated regularly.
Below we will add some useful information about relevant resources you may find useful.
While children will be learning at home, many educational websites are offering free resources specifically designed for each year group.
Visit the Pupil Zone (link is on the top menu) to see many educational websites!
Our Online Learning Platform
We have chosen Seesaw to enable teachers to set learning at home, mark it and comment or give help and support. Staff also receive work and messages back from children and parents via this platform.
Remote Learning Tips!
Whole School Home Learning
Renaissance myON - Free Account Information
Renaissance learning, who have created Accelerated Reader, have allowed access to thousands of news articles and enhanced digital books (including audio) through myON. This is normally an added extra to AR, but is great because the children can complete quizzes in the usual way upon any text they read. This is one way to keep your child reading at the moment.
Website ; https://readon.myon.co.uk/
Username/ Password: none (however Accelerated Reader requires your child's username and password)
Phonics Play - Free Account Information
White Rose Maths - Free Lessons
White Rose Maths is offering free Maths lessons for each Year 1 to 8. They have short videos to introduce the topics and activity resources to complete. These are updated at 10am each day. Please visit: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Dr Chips - Science, Engineering and Computing
Dr Chips is uploading live lessons everyday at 10am on his website, which lets you practise Science, Engineering and Computing.
Elevenses with David Walliams
Every day at 11am, you can listen one of David Walliams’ World’s Worst Children stories, so sit down, take a break, and enjoy 20ish minutes of pure fun!
Scroll down to 'Elevenses' and click the link to listen to the story.
- Oxford Owl has a large collection of free eBooks that your children can read (free registration is required).
- Audible are currently offering free access to a fantastic set of audiobooks for children.
- Topmarks is a fantastic resource, offering educational games and links to other great sites. Some of our favourite activities on their site include:
- Mystery Science helps your children to understand different Science concepts with images, stories, discussion ideas and hands-on activities. This link shares free lessons that are available during times of school closures.
- Rob Biddulph has set up a #DrawWithRob activity, in which he is posting draw-along videos that children can follow every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am.
- Google Arts and Culture has virtual tours of thousands of art galleries and museums.
- Joe Wicks is providing free PE lessons for children, live on YouTube, during school closures.
- Kidz Bop has plenty of dance-along videos that can be used to get your children moving.
- Cosmic Yoga has a range of yoga, mindfulness and relaxation videos to follow along with.
- BBC Bitesize is offering daily lessons in Maths and English for every year group, as well as regular lessons in Science, History, Geography and more.
- Purple Mash is offering free access to their fantastic collection of online learning tools during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Learn British Sign Language with these free videos from the BBC
- CBBC on YouTube entertainment outside of home learning!