This page is under construction, please check back soon!
At Trawden Forest Primary School, we have various roles and responsibilities available to our children throughout KS1 and KS2. These aim to encourage children to take an active role in the school: its decisions, fund-raising and representation in the local community.
We want to help children to excel in an area they love. For children who have a passion for Computing, we have introduced our roles of Digital Leaders. Digital Leaders have been around for many years, but vary for from school to school. At Trawden Forest Primary School, our Digital Leaders:
- Attend regular meetings - Meetings may also include training to look at technologies and apps to develop knowledge and expertise across school.
- Ensuring that equipment is ready and organised (charging laptops and iPads).
- Assist teachers with delivering online safety to all classes in the school.
- Promote Online Safety around school.
- Help produce and deliver assemblies about online safety and acceptable use of equipment, devices and programs (games).
- Demonstrate how to use technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrate how to use everyday programs (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher) and easy to use websites to other students and staff.
- Demonstrate how to use AR in the classroom.
- Try out and review new apps, websites and programs which could be used in lessons.
- Help organise Safer Internet Day / Week.
- Assist teachers with the use of ICT in the classroom and around school.