At Trawden Forest Primary School, we have various roles and responsibilities available to our children throughout KS1 and KS2. These aim to encourage children to take an active role in the school: its decisions, fund-raising and representation in the local community.
For children with a passion for sports, we have introduced our roles of Sports Ambassadors. Our sports ambassadors possess many qualities, and are not chosen based purely on sports ability. Instead, we value other skills such as:
- Having a positive attitude towards learning and participating in sport;
- Working well as a team;
- Being approachable for other children across the school;
- Good organisational skills;
Our Sports Ambassadors have been carefully chosen and show all of the skills and qualities above. They carry out many jobs within school including:
- Helping choose, organise and run lunchtime activities for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2;
- Always be an example to the learning charter especially in PE Lessons (Lead by Example);
- Assist in the decision for clubs and other sporting events in school;
- Be ready for other Sporting needs throughout the year.
Being an Eco Warrior is an ideal opportunity for our pupils to get more involved in the way our school is run and help us to be more environmentally friendly. It provides opportunities for pupils to communicate their feelings as well as influence decisions that are made. Eco Warriors take on the responsibility of expressing their own views, but also the views of their peers as well as passing on information from other children and teachers.
Our Eco Warriors help to care for out school environment:
- they regularly monitor the recycling at lunchtimes and advise other pupils which bin to use.
- monitor our energy use in the school.
- encourage teachers and children to recycle.
- take part in discussions and feedback any relevant information to their class.
Our Librarians are a team of enthusiastic promoters of reading. They are always passionate about reading and sharing their love of reading. Their enthusiasm is infectious; they share a love of stories wherever they go! They are an asset to our school, encouraging others to read and they share the importance of reading as a lifelong skill. Librarians work closely with the English Leader and TA librarian to deliver the very best environment, resources and conditions for reading.
Their roles include:
- To raise the profile of the school library.
- To act as positive role models and to encourage others to read.
- To read stories to younger children.
- To help with tasks including shelving, tidying and library promotion.
- To sort, stamp and get new books onto the shelves as soon as possible.
- To help run reading groups and clubs.
- To help raise money to go towards new books for our library stocks.
We want to help children to excel in an area they love. For children who have a passion for Computing, we have introduced our roles of Digital Leaders. Digital Leaders have been around for many years, but vary for from school to school. At Trawden Forest Primary School, our Digital Leaders:
- Attend regular meetings - Meetings may also include training to look at technologies and apps to develop knowledge and expertise across school.
- Ensuring that equipment is ready and organised (charging laptops and iPads).
- Assist teachers with delivering online safety to all classes in the school.
- Promote Online Safety around school.
- Help produce and deliver assemblies about online safety and acceptable use of equipment, devices and programs (games).
- Demonstrate how to use technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrate how to use everyday programs (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher) and easy to use websites to other students and staff.
- Demonstrate how to use AR in the classroom.
- Try out and review new apps, websites and programs which could be used in lessons.
- Help organise Safer Internet Day / Week.
- Assist teachers with the use of ICT in the classroom and around school.