Meet the Team
Welcome to Reception!
Academic year 2020-2021
This year we are so excited to have 29 fantastic children starting in Reception supported by the amazing Mrs. McGowan and the brilliant Mr Lomax. We have all settled into the routine amazingly and are doing a fabulous job of staying safe whilst having fun!
We have lots of exciting learning activities and experiences planned for the year ahead but we will also be led by the children's interests where possible to ensure the learning is meaningful. Below is an overview of our topics and activities.
Please remember to look at our web pages and Facebook page, so that you can keep up-to-date with our fabulous learning.
We have selected a list of books that your children will enjoy this year that we will read and reread for enjoyment.
Room on the Broom - Julia Donaldson
Dogger - Shirley Hughes
Giraffes Can't Dance - Giles Andreae
Once Upon a Time - John Prater
Each Peach Pear Plum - Janet & Allan Ahlberg
Aliens Love Underpants - Claire Freedman
Oi Frog! - Kes Gray
Elmer - David McKee
Lost and Found - Oliver Jeffers
We're Going on a Bear Hunt - Michael Rosen
- Reading Books - will be changed every Tuesday so please remember to send your child's book in. Please add any comments to Tapestry.
- PE - is on Thursdays. Wherever possible it will be held outdoors. Please ensure your child has the correct clothing (White T-shirt, black shorts, black leggings or joggers, pumps, trainers) This kit can remain in school for the half term.
- Forest School - is on Fridays. Children do not need any additional clothing as we have plenty of waterproof suits and wellies. However, they may still come home muddy!
- Water - please send water in a named bottle each day for your child as we are no longer able to offer children cups.
- Milk - children will have milk in the afternoon. If you have signed up for it your child will be offered milk every day. If they do not want it they may bring it home.
- Snacks - children have a snack of fruit provided every morning. Children also have 'snack time' in the afternoon. You may send in a healthy snack (fruit, cereal bar) which will be kept in a box in class.
Please ensure all book bags, coats, jumpers, P.E. kits, snack or lunch bags and water bottles are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Tapestry is used in class to record learning and is then shared with parents. It is also for home learning tasks which parents can upload to share with staff. In the past most parents have been very enthusiastic about being able to see some of their child's learning at home, and in the current situation this is even more important as opportunities to come into school are very limited. If you are having problems with the program or wish to allow another relative access Tapestry please send your e-mail address to Mrs Alcock and a new activation code will be generated.
Please remember to check in with the Tapestry website (not app) regularly to find out about the home learning activities.
We will try our very best to ensure your child has a positive and memorable start to their school life.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to arrange an appointment with myself via the school office or send me an email.