Meet the Team
Welcome to Year 5
This year we have 27 wonderful, hard working, smart and responsible Year 5s taught by Mrs Dixon and Mrs Grimshaw. They are supported by Mrs Stansfield and Miss Ridehalgh. We have got so many fun and exciting things planned for this year. On Move Up Day in the Summer Term, the children voted for their Bucket List of experiences and activities they wanted to enjoy over this academic year.
- Create a play about space
- Create a recipe book and sell to make money for charity
- Make a BIG animal display
- Go on a residential visit
- Make dens
- Hold a Greek Day
- Make our teachers into Mummies!
- Invent and make something to make our lives better
- Have a creative day
- Do different enterprise/sponsored events throughout the year to raise money for the residential.
We also have a list of books that it is suggested we try and read this year, in class and at home.
Year 5 Book Bucket List
Beowulf – Michael Morpurgo
Outlaw – Michael Morpurgo
Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens
The Railway Children – E Nesbitt
Eragon – Christopher Paolini
The Phantom Tollbooth – Norton Juster
The Skullduggery Pleasant Series – Derek Landy
Wolf Brother – Michelle Paver
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen – Alan Garner
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe – CS Lewis